Massachusetts Drunk Driving Law
1. Keep Quiet. Do Not Make Any Statements. When questioned for OUI before arrest, you are not in custody for purposes of Miranda warnings. If you politely refuse to answer any of the officer's questions concerning the OUI investigation, either before or after arrest, then there won't be any statements that can be used against you in court.
2. Refuse the Field Sobriety Tests. The Field Sobriety Tests are completely voluntary. If you perform them, you may be arrested anyway. It may be better not to give the police evidence that will be used against you in court. You can politely refuse to do the field sobriety exercises.
3. Insist on your right to speak to and call your Attorney.
4. Do Not take the Breathalizer test.
5. Be Calm. Always be polite and
respectful to the police officers. Be cooperative-but no tests. How you
are perceived by a jury is extremely critical.
Contact a lawyer here.